Welcome! What Is Truth?

         

Welcome to the blog!

You've made it this far and I'm glad you have. If you have found this site it is more than likely because we had a conversation. My hope is that you came away from the conversation willing to consider why you believe what you believe and if the foundation of what you believe is solid.

When trying to find truth, things can become very gray. There was a time in my life when things were not so black and white, there was much gray. It was no way to live, these days I can attest that I have never had such clarity when it comes to the truth. That truth is not my truth, or any idea of "common" truth, it is the only standard of truth people can truly agree on...the Bible! We will always grow and learn (if we want to), I haven't attained some state of nirvana or awesomeness but through coming to a better understanding of God through the Bible, I realized truth is absolute. Please click the hyperlink for the definition ---> absolute. This is because God is absolute and if He gave us truth, then it should be just like Him! (John 14:6, please see below for how to find this in the Bible)

Has anyone ever told you that you cannot know the truth?

Ya, me too! Then I realized that person made an absolute statement as if they have studied all they could in search of the truth. Have they gone to the ends of the universe to discover this "truth" they are telling us? If truth could not be known, then how could we label a lie? We would have no reason to even tell someone they lied...even though we have lied how many times in our life up to this point? Where did we come up with the idea and word for lie?

I've had people tell me that you cannot know truth and they sincerely believe that, not realizing they said something that sure seemed absolute. So absolute it seemed it was their truth...

I've also read where Christ said, "I am the way, the truth and the life" -John 14:6

We're also told knowing the truth sets us free (John 8:32)

I had to decide who I believed and what I believed. What about you?

Please feel free to comment below. If any comments are deemed unedifying, I will delete them. Thanks!

PS. If you have never seen Bible references before John 14:6 or John 8:32, these are reference points in the Bible.

For example: John 8:32 is:

The Book of John
Chapter: 8
Verse: 32

If you are not sure where to find the Book of John, in the front of your Bible there is a Table of Contents. This will help you get to where you need to. AND with the wonders of Google you can search any phrase you can remember from the Bible and it does a pretty good job of helping you find it.

If you would like to correspond feel free to email us at: learnmoreaboutChrist@gmail.com

God bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact Us!

"I have my own views about spirituality"